Though burger patties are usually eaten in a bun, there are various recipes that highlight the meaty goodness of burgers in the form of a salad, soup or casserole. Truly, burgers are so versatile, they'll make any dish taste divine!
Cheeseburger Casserole (Skinny Taste)
This Cheeseburger Casserole recipe from Skinny Taste is a yummy dinner you can easily make even on a weeknight. This is basically a meal in itself - pasta made flavorful with ground beef, tomatoes and cheddar. Mustard and pickles give it a distinct taste similar to cheeseburger.
"Kid-friendly and delicious! If you’re a cheeseburger lover, and the thought of ground beef, tomatoes, pickles and cheese tickles your fancy, then this truly American, comforting Cheeseburger Casserole is for you!"
- 2 cups (6 oz) uncooked rotini pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe (She Wears Many Hats)
Burger lovers and soup lovers will surely love something in common with this yummy recipe - Cheeseburger Soup from She Wears Many Hats. The soup itself is basically made of beef broth, tomatoes and cheese. This is a chunky and hearty soup that will surely satisfy your cheeseburger cravings!
"A hearty soup that tastes just like a cheeseburger."Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, grated/minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 24 ounces beef broth
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- optional garnish: shredded cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, diced pickles
Grass-fed Burger Salad Recipe (Jessi's Kitchen)
If you're craving for a burger but you'd rather have something healthier, then you should definitely try making this Grass-fed Burger Salad Recipe from Jessi's Kitchen. The burgers are cradled in a bed of fresh greens and other vegetables, all enveloped in a tangy and slightly spicy dressing.
"Grass-fed burgers are kind of a staple in our house because they are delicious and also they are super quick to put together. I came up with a salad version a while back just because I wanted something different and it was a way to utilize all the greens and seasonal produce that was in the house."
- 1lb grass-fed ground beef
- ¼ lb hot pork sausage
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup kale, shredded
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped (whatever type you prefer)
- ¼ cup onion, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup Farmhouse Culture Smoked Jalapeno Kraut
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato (recipe here)
- 4 Tbsp Dijon
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (optional)
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Keeping ground beef in your freezer for a long time? Wrap store-bought ground beef (store packaging and all) in aluminum foil and place inside a zip-top bag before popping in the freezer. This packaging technique helps prevent freezer burn, resulting in better meat texture.