Chicken and rice is a delicious dinner number that's not only tasty and healthy, but is also fairly easy to make. The best part? There are so many flavor combinations you can use to flavor chicken and rice to suit your cravings.
Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet (I Wash You Dry)
This Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet from I Wash You Dry is a good dish to make if you're looking for something simple, filling and comforting. Rice and chicken are flavored with a combination of garlic, parsley, butter and lemon. This is an easy and simple dish guaranteed to make one happy meal.
"Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet is a one skillet dinner that my whole family loves. The chicken is super tender and the rice is light, fluffy and has a delightful lemon fragrance to it!"
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or boneless chicken thighs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, I use Jasmine
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon zest + 3 tbsp lemon juice (from one lemon)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 whole lemon, cut into slices for garnish
Paprika Chicken and Rice (Pass the Challah)
This Paprika Chicken and Rice recipe from Pass the Challah is one flavorful and tasty dish that would make any foodie jump in delight! Chicken and rice are made tasty by a triumvirate of lovely flavors - onions, garlic and paprika. This dish is so simple yet so sassy!
"It’s simple, made in one pot (huge bonus!), and obviously tastes completely delicious as I’ve already slightly ranted about. It gets amazing flavor and color from lots of paprika, and the rice is just out of this world."
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large cut-up chicken (with bones)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups water (divided use)
- 1½ cups long-grain converted rice
Middle Eastern Chicken and Rice (The Mediterranean Dish)
If you're in the mood for a meal that bursting with flavors and spices, then this Middle Eastern Chicken and Rice recipe from The Mediterranean Dish will do it for you! The spice mixture is made from a mixture of all-spice, cardamom, turmeric and black pepper. This is one colorful and delicious dish any foodie will fall in love with.
"Simple, comforting, one-pot chicken and rice dinner with a tasty Middle Eastern twist. Flavor heaven. Gluten free dinner in minutes!"
- 2 tsp ground allspice, more for later
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground green cardamom, more for later
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, more for later
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (I use ButcherBox organic, free-range chicken)
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions (about 1/2 large onion)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (or from canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups Basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 dry bay leaf
- 2 cups boiling low-fat and low-sodium chicken broth
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Not a fan of mushy rice? Be sure to saute your rice first with a little olive oil. This will allow the grains to slide against each other without developing starch that could keep it sticky.