Some people might think that salsa is simply a tomato dip that you eat with chips. But an actual foodie will know that salsa is gold in the kitchen! Its tangy and exciting flavors can wake up the taste profile of eggs, grilled veggies, fish and poultry, burritos or tacos, and even beans!
The Best Homemade Fresh Tomato Salsa (Little Broken)
This recipe called The Best Homemade Fresh Tomato Salsa from Little Broken is a great recipe to make if you love chunky salsa that's loaded with freshness! The red and green bell peppers give this salsa a great, wholesome flavor, while the cucumbers add a nice, juicy element that mingles well with the tomatoes.
"Pico de gallo, salsa fresca, or fresh salsa…whatever you call it but with just few minutes of chopping, stirring, and it’s ready to go."
- ⅓ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped hothouse cucumber
- 2½ cups chopped tomatoes on the vine
- ⅓ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ fresh jalepenos*, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
Slow Cooker Restaurant Style Garden Salsa (The Recipe Critic)
The Recipe Critic has a recipe called Slow Cooker Restaurant Style Garden Salsa - a very nice treat if you love a tomato dip that's smooth and more blended together than a fresh salsa. The rich flavor of this salsa comes from the powerhouse combination of coriander, cilantro, basil and sage.
"Slow Cooker Restaurant Style Garden Salsa has so many delicious and fresh ingredients and uses up all of those garden tomatoes. It is so addicting you won’t be able to get enough! It is also perfect for canning."
- 7 cups red tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large onions, (I used 1 red and 1 white onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped (leave seeds in for more heat)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe (Fab Lunch)
If you're in dire need of a bowl of fresh salsa and you only have 10 minutes to spare before your guests come over, this Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe from Fab Lunch will save you. The juice combo of lemon and lime makes this salsa tangy, while the chopped cilantro keeps the flavor fresh.
"This recipe has become one of my go-to snacks because a) it takes less than 10 minutes to make, b) it’s really delicious and c) it’s incredibly versatile."
- 8 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper (serrano pepper also works)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Bought tomatoes that are not yet fully ripened? Leave it out of the fridge for a few days until fully red, ripe, and juicy.