Salads make a perfect meal on May Spring days. Full of healthy goodness, salads can be your fiber-rich go-to dish especially during months when many succulent fruits and vegetables are in season.
Creamy Greek Pasta Salad (Two Peas & Their Pod)
This Creamy Greek Pasta Salad from Two Peas & Their Pod is a hearty recipe you can try if you want a salad that's creamy and filling without having to use mayonnaise. It's also a great idea to use wholewheat pasta if you're trying to avoid white carbs.
"Creamy Greek Pasta Salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, feta cheese, dill, and a simple Greek yogurt dressing. This no-mayo pasta salad is perfect for summertime."
- 1 lb pasta such as fusilli, penne, or farfalle (can use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta)
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe (Culinary Hill)
Culinary Hill has a recipe called Easy Cold Pasta Salad that is just a marvelous dish to have any day! The pasta is tossed together with broccoli, bell peppers, parmesan, all embraced in zesty Italian dressing. Make this healthy salad your own by throwing in your favorite vegetables.
"An easy Cold Pasta Salad recipe with broccoli, peppers, zesty Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese. Make it ahead; the flavor gets even better as it sits!"
- 12 ounces Rotini or other small pasta
- 2 cups bite-sized broccoli florets blanched if desired (see notes)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces Homemade Italian dressing or store bought
Caesar Pasta Salad (Chef de Home)
This Caesar Pasta Salad from Chef de Home will put a fresh and colorful vibe to your table! Full of chunky goodness from the vegetables, what makes this salad even more divine is the homemade creamy Caesar Salad dressing that is really worth all the effort.
"This Summer Pasta Salad is my re-take on Caesar Salad with bow-tie pasta and a creamy Caesar dressing!"
- 1 lb Pasta (farfalle or penne)
- 2 Lettuce (romaine hearts, chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber (sliced into half moons)
- 3-4 Green Onion
- 1-2 cup Croutons
Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1/3 cup Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Lemon
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
For a perfect pasta salad, cook pasta in a pot of boiling water with two tbsp oil. Once tender, drain. Toss with a little olive oil before cooling and using for a salad.