Remember those times when you were feeling the worst, and nothing can make you feel better physically and emotionally but mom's chicken soup? Now is the perfect time to return her efforts by whipping up a pot of chicken soup with a twist!
Pressure Cooker Spicy Chicken Soup (Pressure Cooking Today)
This Pressure Cooker Spicy Chicken Soup recipe from Pressure Cooking Today is a great soup to make if you're planning to make a Mexican dinner for mom on Mother's Day. This soup is bursting with flavors from the combination of broth and salsa, with chunky texture from corn, beans, tomatoes and chicken. A dollop of sour cream turns this soup from delicious to divine.
"A quick to throw together chicken soup with a Mexican twist. It’s loaded with chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and salsa. Top it with your favorite Mexican cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and maybe a jalapeno or two."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed*
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts**
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild chunky salsa
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) bag frozen corn
Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup (The Taylor House)
The Taylor House has a Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup recipe that's not only delicious and comforting, but also very easy to make. If you're not very savvy in the kitchen but you would want to impress mom with how much cooking you've learned, serve her a bowl of this soup, and she'll surely beam with pride.
"Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup is not only simple to make but it’s a really delicious twist on traditional chicken soup. Using Ramen Noodles, mushrooms and a few other ingredients makes this soup pretty darn yummy."
- 2 Chicken Breasts, baked and cubed
- 1 Package of Ramen Noodles (without the seasoning)
- 3 Cups Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- Fresh Parsley
Citrus Chicken and Rice Soup (A Family Feast)
If your mom loves citrus flavors, she'll definitely appreciate a bowl or two of Citrus Chicken and Rice Soup, a recipe from A Family Feast. The soup features a rich broth brightened with citrus flavors from orange, lemon and lime. The generous combination of chicken and colorful vegetables in this dish makes it a feast for both the eyes and palate.
"We started with classic chicken and rice soup – but added orange juice to the broth, plus a little lemon and lime juice too. The fresh citrus juices add a wonderful brightness to the soup – reminiscent of an Asian-inspired broth, and fresh cilantro and chopped scallions on top are the perfect finishing touch."
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup scallion bottoms, sliced (save tops)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup uncooked white rice
- Zest from one naval orange
- 6 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Dash of your favorite hot sauce, optional
- 2 cups cooked chicken, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Sliced scallions (green part), for garnish