What's not to love about kebab? Pieces of bite-size meat and vegetables skewered and freshly grilled. It's like a small meal on a stick. Simple, fuss-free and totally delicious!
Grilled BBQ and Bacon Shrimp Skewers (Home Made Interest)
This Grilled BBQ and Bacon Shrimp Skewers recipe from Home Made Interest is a great surf and turf number on a skewer. The best part is, it only takes four ingredients to make a batch of this yummy kebab - bacon, shrimp, tomato and barbecue sauce. That's it!
"These grilled BBQ bacon and shrimp skewers are layers of sweet peppers, shrimp and bacon, glazed with your favorite BBQ sauce and grilled over an open flame for a smokey flavor that is out of this world."
- 1 pound Bacon
- 1 pound Shrimp large
- 20 Sweet Peppers mini
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
Grilled Honey BBC Bacon Chicken Kabobs (Creme de la Crumb)
If you're in the mood for some chicken barbecue, this Grilled Honey BBC Bacon Chicken Kabobs recipe from Creme de la Crumb is definitely a great recipe to make. Pieces of chicken and bacon are skewered with multi-colored bell peppers. You can use store-brought sauce with this, but the homemade kind is worth the effort.
"These saucy kabobs are so easy to make and loaded with flavor - they'll be the hit at your next backyard BBQ!"
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs (Simply Scratch)
If you want to serve steak on your backyard barbecue but you want to rough it out a bit, this Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs recipe from Simply Scratch is for you! Bite-size pieces of sirloin steak is marinated in a mixture of lovely flavors including lemon juice, garlic, dijon mustard, tamari and olive oil. Yum!
"Grilled Marinated Steak Kebabs; cubes of steak get marinated in a simple marinade and grilled with vegetables. Serve with rice, a salad and grilled bread."
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 red, orange and green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into cubes
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I use Simply Organic Grind to a Salt)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Try to cut ingredients in the same size so that the kebabs would cook evenly. Tired of burnt wooden skewers? Soak them in water 30 minutes before using so that they'll hold up better against the fire.