Here's another favorite picnic food among our community of foodies - creamy, delicious, and super flavorful potato salad! Potato makes a great canvas for various flavors like cheese, eggs, and other vegetables and fruits.
Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad (Dinner then Dessert)
This Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad recipe from Dinner then Dessert is a great and yummy twist on the classic potato salad. The spectacular combination of blue cheese and bacon is highlighted by a subtle flavor background created by potatoes, mayonnaise, celery and green onions.
"Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad takes the classic potato salad and kicks it up a notch with the flavors of bacon and blue cheese. This will be a summer bbq favorite!"
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing or an additional 1/4 mayo and 2 tablespoons of blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
Creamy Potato Salad Recipe (Natasha's Kitchen)
Natasha's Kitchen has a recipe called Creamy Potato Salad Recipe that will surely make any summer picnic a lot more fun! Potatoes are combined with English cucumber, radish, celery, eggs, and chives. The homemade dressing is definitely worth it so don't skip it for the store-bought kind.
Creamy Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 4-5 medium russet potatoes 3 cups cooked and diced
- 1/2 Large English Cucumber 1/2 cup diced
- 1 bunch radishes thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 celery stalks 1/2 cup finely diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs diced
- 2-3 Tbsp chives or green onions finely chopped
- Black Pepper to taste
Potato Salad Dressing Ingredients*:
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt plus more to taste
Creamy Horseradish Potato Salad (Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
This Creamy Horseradish Potato Salad from Healthy Seasonal Recipes is a healthy version of the classic potato salad. The horseradish surely gives this recipe a great flavor kick. Make it vegan by eliminating eggs, and using Greek-style yogurt in place of mayonnaise.
"This Creamy Horseradish Potato Salad is a healthier twist on the classic barbecue side dish and it is mind blowing. It is so creamy and full of flavor that everyone will line up to get a bite!"
- 2 ½ pounds thin-skinned small potatoes, quartered or halved into about 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¾ cup plain non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated white onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
When cooking potatoes, start with cold water instead of putting the spuds directly into a pot of boiling water. Starting spuds in hot water results in uneven cooking.