Dessert is an important part of a meal for any food lover. Here are some of our favorite dessert bar recipes that would satisfy the sweet tooth of three kinds of foodies - the cookie monster, the peanut butter lover, and the healthy gourmand. Try these recipes in your own kitchen and see which you like the most!
Cookies And Cream Cheesecake Bars Recipe (Desserts.ph)
FOR THE CRUST:
- 7 ounces Oreo cookie crumbs (about 1 & 3/4 cups or 18 to 20 Oreos)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup roughly chopped Oreo cookies (about 9 to 10 cookies)
- mini Oreo cookies, for garnish (optional)
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars Recipe (Desserts.ph)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/3 heaping cup peanut butter (I use Jif, Skippy or similar; natural PB can separate and/or be too oily)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- about 16 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped (not to be confused with the smallest size that come unwrapped called 'minis')
Apricot Almond Dessert Bar (Aurora Health Care Blog)
Joe Ninneman, Nutrition Services Manager and Chef at Aurora Medical Center – Hartford and Aurora Medical Center – Grafton; along with Kayla Halverson, Registered Dietitian, System Cbord Coordinator for Aurora Health Care, share how you can make this tasty Apricot Almond Dessert Bar.
This straightforward dessert is a simple, healthy alternative to satisfy that sweet tooth without sacrificing flavor. By including dried apricots, peanut butter, almonds and cereal as the main ingredients, this dessert features an emphasis on whole grains, proteins and natural sugars/sweeteners.
A little bit of chocolate goes a long way to push this dessert to the next level. A creative presentation on the plate catapults this into a decadent dessert that can please the palates of children and adults alike!