Backyard barbecue parties are a great way to celebrate sunshine and good weather with friends and family. Burger is an all-time American favorite when it comes to barbecues! There are a ton of great recipes that incorporate the delicious flavors of summer into those juicy burgers, fresh off the grill.
Aloha Barbecue Sliders (Tidy Mom)
This Aloha Barbecue Sliders from Tidy Mom is anything but bland! It combines the savory flavor of beef and brown sugar barbecue sauce, along with bacon and Swiss cheese. The pineapple gives this burger a nice sweet and tangy flavor while the lettuce gives it a bit of crunch and freshness.
"Mini beef burger recipe flavored with barbecue sauce and served on sweet rolls with cheese, pineapple and bacon."
- 1-1/2 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 2/3 cups brown sugar barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Hawaiian dinner rolls (in tray)
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple slices, drained (reserve juice), cut into thirds (I used fresh)
- 6 slices of bacon (I used ready to eat bacon)
Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple (Well Plated by Erin)
Well Plated by Erin has a recipe called Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple that just hits the spot! The grilled pineapple definitely adds a nice touch to this burger, but you can skip it if you're not a fan of the fruit. You can also opt for bottled teriyaki sauce if you're not in the mood to make your own.
"Hawaiian Teriyaki Burgers. Moist, juicy chicken or turkey burgers topped with a sweet and tangy teriyaki burger sauce, grilled pineapple, and onion."
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 pound 93% lean Simple Truth Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 rings canned pineapple (reserve juice for teriyaki sauce below)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, for serving
FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice (from canned pineapple above)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
BBQ Lentil Veggie Burger with Mango Carrot Slaw (Vegan Richa)
Who says vegans can't have fun in barbecue parties? This BBQ Lentil Veggie Burger with Mango Carrot Slaw from Vegan Richa is so delicious, even non-vegans would enjoy it. You can pair it with mango carrot slaw the recipe for which is in Vegan Richa's website.
"BBQ Lentil Veggie Burger with Mango Carrot Slaw and barbecue sauce. Serve as burgers or over a crisp salad. Easy lentil veggie burger. Vegan Recipe. Can be gluten-free, soy-free."
Lentils and Veggies for patties:
- 1/2 cup red/pink/orange lentils
- 1 cup water
- a generous pinch of garlic powder and salt
- 1 Tablespoon bbq sauce
- 1 cup grated Cauliflower loaded
- 3-4 baby carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger
- 1 green chili or chili flakes to taste
- 2-3 inch Broccoli stem chopped very small or grated
- 3-4 Tablespoons chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Smokey maple BBQ sauce use my homemade BBQ sauce to make soy-free
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour or oat or other flour
- 2-4 Tablespoons breadcrumbs
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Want juicy burgers? Don't mix salt into the patty mixture if you're not going to grill it right away. Salt tends to extract moisture from meat, resulting in less juicy burgers. Instead of mixing salt into the patty mixture, it would be wiser to sprinkle it on each burger right before popping it on the grill.