A simple chicken casserole is another easy recipe that you can make after a long and tiring day at work. The combination of protein and carbohydrates will surely replenish your energy and soothe your stressed out body.
Cheesy Chicken Casserole (Living Sweet Moments)
This Cheesy Chicken Casserole recipe from Living Sweet Moments is a great one to try if you're looking for a super easy but comforting dinner to cook at home. It's basically pasta and chicken in a warm pot of cheesy tomato goodness. It only takes less than an hour to make, perfect for busy weeknights.
"Only 6 ingredients. Made with pasta, tomato, and cheese. This easy quick dinner recipe is delicious, hearty and oh so satisfying."
- 8 oz Pasta Shells
- 1 lb Chicken Breast cubed
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup of Shredded Italian Cheese
- 1 Green Pepper diced
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
Easy Chicken Casserole (No Canned Soup) Recipe
If you're trying to stay away from additives and preservatives, this "no canned soup" easy chicken casserole recipe is a great dish to end the day. The cheesy white chicken sauce goes very well with the egg noodles and the earthy flavor of the mushrooms. The author suggests using rotisserie chicken if you want a quick meal.
"This is a recipe that everyone will love… It is hearty and perfect for those busy fall nights. Make some on Sunday and have ready whenever your crew is ready to eat:) To make it even easier…pick up a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery…"
- 2 Cups egg noodles (measured frozen I love Reames Noodles or dry)
- ¼ C butter
- ¼ C olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms chopped
- ⅓ C flour
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 C milk
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 C cooked chicken
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of sage
- ¼ C Parmesan
Easy Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole (Gimme Some Oven)
This Easy Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole from Gimme Some Oven is a sumptuous meal that combines the tart flavor of lemons and the milky creaminess of soup. The result is a wholesome casserole that is creamy and chunky, flavors perked up by a kick of citrus hints.
"This delicious Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole is simple to make, and full of that classic creamy lemon flavor you love!"
- 2.5 cups condensed cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken soup (the equivalent of 2 cans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, very thinly sliced (no thicker than 1/8″)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and halved (into half coins)
- (optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley or fresh thyme)
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
No one likes a dry chicken, but be sure not to under cook your poultry to keep salmonella at bay. Chicken is done when it's no longer pink and once its juices run clear.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.