Noodles are a staple food in many cultures around the world. Various regions have different ways of crafting noodles - from the ingredients used, to shape and size.
There's nothing like a steaming hot bowl of savory noodle soup to soothe a tired soul after a long day at work or school. Add nutritious vegetables and protein-rich lean meat to your noodle soup to replenish energy and to boost cell regeneration.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (Natasha's Kitchen)
A creamy noodle soup is guaranteed to improve your overall well-being when you're feeling a bit under the weather. This Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe from Natasha's Kitchen is a delicious, filling, and satisfying dinner soup that is sure to tantalize your senses.
"The ingredients are simple, pantry staples that you probably already have on hand. With a few easy tweaks, you can make a classic chicken noodle soup into a comforting pot of creamy chicken noodle soup that tastes like a healthy version of chicken pot pie."
- 6 cups chicken broth (w used low sodium)
- 5 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 chicken thighs, skinless (bone-in or boneless)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots (2 carrots grated, 1 carrot sliced into thin rings or half circles)
- 2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped or thinly sliced if you prefer
- 2 cups pasta such as rotini, egg noodles, or your favorite kind
- 1 cup corn (from 15 oz can, or preferably 1 cooked cob)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp fresh or frozen dill
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash (or your favorite salt-free seasoning)
Quick & Easy Chinese Noodle Soup (Erren's Kitchen)
What's great about this Quick & Easy Chinese Noodle Soup recipe from Erren's Kitchen is that it's very easy to make (6 basic ingredients) and you can add in whatever ingredients you have hanging in your fridge. Load it up with cabbage, carrots or green beans if you haven't had a good serving of veggies for the day.
"This noodle dish recipe for Quick & Easy Chinese Noodle Soup makes a super simple, aromatic broth that’s packed with noodles and Asian flavor. Once you try this recipe, you’ll never go back to the packaged soups again!"
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 green onions finely sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium dark Soy Sauce
- 4 oz Dried Chinese noodles of your choice
- 4 leaves Bok Choy/pak choi sliced
Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup (Feasting at Home)
This Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Feasting at Home is a party for the palate and is a sure-fire dish to melt away your stress! The spice combo of cumin, chili powder, coriander and Mexican oregano has anti-inflammatory properties, so it's a good idea to down a bowl of this soup if you're feeling colds coming up.
"Flavorful, EASY Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup with cilantro, avocado and lime- a one pot meal, in under 30 minutes. Vegan option, sub chickpeas for the chicken!"
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 – 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast diced into cubes (or two cans chickpeas, drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (or a couple bay leaves)
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder or cayenne, or to taste
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 small can diced green chilies (optional)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces dry linguini noodles (or pasta, or gluten-free or rice noodles)
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Be sure to stir the soup occasionally after adding in the noodles. This is crucial to make sure that the noodles don't stick together into a one big clump.