Steaks can be super expensive in fancy restaurants. What a lot of foodies don't realize is that making steaks right in one's own kitchen isn't as hard as it sounds. With fresh meat and the right ingredients, you can make a batch of delicious and juicy steaks for cheap!
Perfect Grilled Steak with Herb Butter (Iowa Girl Eats)
This Perfect Grilled Steak with Herb Butter recipe from Iowa Girl Eats is a great and fancy dish to make for the whole family. Though the herb butter isn't necessary as the steak is pretty much very tasty on its own, this added condiment truly makes the dish divine and restaurant-grade!
"Perfect Grilled Steak with Herb Butter features a homemade dry rub and melty herb butter finish. This easy grilled steak recipe is absolutely mouthwatering!"
- 2, 1lb bone-in strip steaks cut 1-1/2" thick (or your steak of choice)
- grapeseed or vegetable oil
For the Steak Seasoning:
- 3/4 Tablespoon rock salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
For the Herb Butter:
- Big pinch steak seasoning
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup,) softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
Tangy Crockpot Steak Recipe (Eating on a Dime)
If you're looking for a steak recipe that's yummy and filling but is also easy on the wallet, this Tangy Crockpot Steak Recipe from Eating on a Dime might be the best one for you. With only five ingredients and cooked in a crockpot, this steak is very easy and cheap to make.
"Sometimes you are just in the mood for steak, but you don’t want to put out the effort or the money. We had some very inexpensive round steaks in the freezer that we normally use to make a stew. Instead, I decided to try them in this crockpot steak recipe. With very few ingredients, I surprised myself with how tasty these inexpensive steaks became."
- 2 lbs Round steaks (or any cheap steak )
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (any vinegar would probably do)
- 2 Tablespoons of A-1 Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning
Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms and Shallots (First Home Love Life)
First Home Love Life has a recipe called Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms and Shallots that is simple, classic and is a viable dinner option even on a weekday. Serve with baked potatoes and a green salad, and you got yourself a fancy steak dinner cooked right in your own kitchen!
"Buttery, melt in your mouth sirloin steak in a sweet and savory sauce, cooked along with earthy and tender mushrooms with shallots. There's so much flavor going on in this one little pan!"
- 3 cuts sirloin steak
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms quatered
- 2 shallots sliced thin
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsely optional*
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Don't cook steaks directly from the fridge into your grill or pan. This will result in uneven cooking of the middle part of the steak. Let the meat rest in room temperature for 30 mins before cooking.