Take the freshness of your egg salad to the next level by adding vegetables and other healthy ingredients to your bowl! Wholesome salads with egg and vegetables are great sources of fiber and protein - healthy and delicious in one package.
Simple Roasted Potato, Egg & Arugula Salad (Cait's Plate)
This Simple Roasted Potato, Egg & Arugula Salad from Cait's Plate is an all-in-one vegetarian dish that is already a complete meal in itself - it's loaded with fiber from arugula and radishes, as well as protein from the eggs. The homemade dressing makes this salad a lot more mouth-watering!
"It’s also hitting a BUNCH of food groups all in one: you’re getting starch from the potato, veggies from the arugula and radishes, protein from the eggs and parmesan cheese and some heart healthy fat from the olive-oil based vinaigrette. Add a piece of fruit on the side and you’re good to go!"
For the Potatoes
- Small bag of fingerling potatoes, rinsed, dried and halved lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- For the Dressing:!
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
For the Salad
- 4 large bunches of arugula
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Salmon and Egg Salad Recipe (Little Broken)
Foodies who need to load up on protein would have to try this yummy Salmon and Egg Salad Recipe from Little Broken. This is a protein-filled savory salad with crunch and freshness from cucumbers, dill and lettuce. The Greek yogurt is a wonderful dressing base for a fresh salad like this.
"Delicious salad made in minutes with canned salmon, eggs, crunchy veggies, plenty of fresh herbs, and healthy greek yogurt. Serve it over crostini or baby romaine for a lighter meal!"
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) boneless, skinless wild salmon, drained*
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled + chopped
- ⅓ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup seedless cucumber, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2-3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, zested
- salt and pepper
- tabasco sauce, optional
Chicken Avocado + Egg Salad (Clean Food Crush)
Clean Food Crush has a great recipe called Chicken Avocado + Egg Salad. This is a fresh and sumptuous salad to make if you're craving for something simple, healthy and easy to make. This is a dinner salad that is loaded with healthy fiber and protein. Don't forget a squeeze of lemon to wake up all its yummy flavors!
"I put my own spin on the salad by adding fresh crisp cucumbers, green onions, fresh dill, paprika and even a little tabasco, which is completely optional but in my opinion adds a little kick to the salad. Instead of using 100% mayo for the dressing, I used greek yogurt with only couple tablespoons of mayo."
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- OR 1 lb. grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine, rinsed and separated
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp organic cider vinegar
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, to your taste
- Fresh lemon wedges for serving.
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Need a grab-and-go breakfast? Cook a batch of hard-boiled eggs on a Sunday and enjoy quick, protein-rich breaky on busy mornings. Unpeeled hard-boiled eggs can be kept in the fridge for a week.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.