Fried rice is one of the most comforting dishes there is. With easy recipes, there's no need to order takeout - you can make your very own lovely version right in your kitchen.
Chinese Fried Rice (Rasa Malaysia)
This Chinese Fried Rice recipe from Rasa Malaysia is anything but bland! The rice is made flavorful with eggs, vegetables, fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper. What makes this unique is the lap cheong sausage which gives it a nice, savory and distinct flavor.
"Chinese Fried Rice - homemade Chinese fried rice recipe with Chinese sausage, vegetables, eggs and steamed rice. So easy and much better than takeout!"
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Chinese lap cheong sausage, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetable, thawed
- 4 cups overnight (leftover) steamed rice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 dashes ground white pepper or black pepper
- Salt, to taste
Fried Rice (Gimme Some Oven)
Gimme Some Oven has a Fried Rice recipe that features a confetti of flavors, textures and colors. Rice is mixed with butter, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil, and mixed with a melange of carrot, peas and onions. Feel free to add in protein like chicken, ground beef or fried tofu.
"This Chinese restaurant-style fried rice recipe is the absolute BEST. It’s quick and easy to make, customizable with any of your favorite mix-ins, and so irresistibly delicious."
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice (I prefer short-grain white rice)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Vegetable Fried Rice (The Roasted Root)
Vegetable lovers would surely adore this Vegetable Fried Rice recipe from The Roasted Root. It's filled with a lot of vegetables, it's almost like warm salad, which is good especially for those who are trying to avoid too much carbohydrates or are trying to load up on fiber.
"The vegetable-to-rice ratio in this application is so on point, I can barely stand it. Basically we’re looking at a heaping mound of sauteed vegetables with a rice chaser…just the way a good vegetable fried rice should be."Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large crown broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 (2-inch) nub fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper optional
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cup green peas frozen or canned
- 3 tablespoons to 4 liquid aminos to taste, or low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 2.5 ounces baby spinach
- 3 large eggs well beaten and scrambled
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- teaspoons Wasabi 2-3 recommended
- tablespoons Tahini 2 to 3 recommended
- tablespoons Hot sauce 1 to 2 Sriracha recommended
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Want fluffy rice? Don't overdo the water.