There are tons of exciting sandwich ideas for every sort of foodie. And though PB&J and egg salad are always classic varieties, it will never hurt to experiment with new types of sandwiches that offer vast nutritional value and health benefits.
Lettuce Wrap Sandwich (Lexi's Clean Kitchen)
With more and more people jumping into the keto diet craze, keto sandwich recipes are golden. This Lettuce Wrap Sandwich recipe from Lexi's Clean Kitchen is a healthy, low-carb number that you can have for breakfast or any other time of the day. Think of it as a salad on a roll!
"Ever wonder how to make a lettuce wrap sandwich? These easy lettuce wraps are the perfect low-carb, keto, and healthy sandwich without the bread!"
- 1 head lceberg lettuce, cored and outer leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 slices organic turkey
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 1 slice cheese, cut in half
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 thin slice red onion
- 1 piece of parchment paper, 14" x 14"
Keto Breakfast Sandwich (Hey Keto Mama)
Hey Keto Mama has a recipe called Keto Breakfast Sandwich. This sandwich will surely be a hit with meat lovers as it uses sausages patties as bread. In between the sausage patties are layer of egg, cream cheese, cheddar, and avocado. The smudge (or more) of sriracha gives this sandwich a nice kick.
"When I first started Keto/Low Carb I needed an easy remedy for my breakfast sandwich obsession, so I wondered what it would be like if I kind of inverted the sandwich to use sausage patties as bread."
- 2 sausage patties
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sharp cheddar
- 1/4 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sriracha (to taste)
- Salt, pepper to taste
Keto Chicken Sandwich (The Keto Summit)
This Keto Chicken Sandwich from The Keto Summit is a great recipe to make if you're on a strict keto diet but is missing having a regular sandwich. What makes this sandwich special is the Italian grain-free bread that uses almond flour. One bite at this sandwich and you'll know it's worth all the effort!
"While this keto chicken sandwich recipe requires a few more steps, it’s still remarkably easy to make and you could be eating your sandwich in just 30 minutes or less (if you cook fast)."
Ingredients:For the chicken
- 1 chicken breast (200 g), sliced into thin pieces
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (.5 g) paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Avocado oil or olive oil to fry chicken in
For the Italian Grain-Free Bread
- 1/3 cup (35 g) almond flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon (1g) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons (37 ml) ghee (or butter if you tolerate it, coconut oil, or olive oil), melted
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
For keto sandwiches, there are three common options you could use in place of regular bread - leafy greens, meat patties, or grain-free bread. Leafy greens could be the easiest one to pull off if you're short on time. Wash a bunch of lettuce, dry, and keep in a container in the fridge for easy access as you need it.