Breakfast burritos are filling and delicious! It's always a great idea to fill up on a protein-rich breakfast especially when you've got a big day ahead. There are various breakfast burrito recipes that you can prepare ahead of time, freeze, and reheat as needed.
Frozen Breakfast Burritos (Iowa Girl Eats)
Iowa Girl Eats has a recipe called Frozen Breakfast Burritos that is not only delicious, but is also fairly easy to make. This burrito is made with eggs, bacon, and cheese - a sure win if you're on a high-protein, low-carb diet. Pair this with a glass of green juice, and you're good to go!
"Frozen Breakfast Burritos take just 30 minutes to make! Assemble on the weekend then reheat and enjoy all week long."
- 3/4lb bacon
- 12 eggs
- salt & pepper
- hot sauce, to taste
- 8 large (8") flour tortillas
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup salsa (optional)
Freezer Breakfast Burritos (Damn Delicious)
This Freezer Breakfast Burritos recipe from Damn Delicious is a surefire way to brighten up your morning! It's filled with all the things your body needs before a hectic day - it's got potatoes, sausage, eggs, beans, cheese and tomatoes. Cilantro adds a ton of freshness to this burrito, so don't skip it!
"Meal prep over the weekend for the best burritos during the week. Loaded with tater tots, eggs, beans and cheese, of course!!"
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 links breakfast sausage, casing removed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup half and half*
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Light & Spicy Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos (The Creative Bite)
If you're in the mood for a light breakfast on-the-go, you might want to make this Light & Spicy Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos recipe from The Creative Bite. This burrito is loaded with fiber from sweet potatoes, bell peppers and onions. Eggs, turkey and cheese load this burrito with protein you need to perk up your morning.
"Light & Spicy Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos are a healthy freezer-friendly breakfast full of lean Jennie-O turkey sausage, scrambled eggs and roasted vegetables. Grab one from the freezer for a quick protein packed meal on the go or sit down with it to enjoy a hearty breakfast."
- 2 c. sweet potatoes, cubed into ½" pieces
- 2 c. yellow onion, peeled and cubed into ½" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1" pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder (omit if you prefer less spice)
- 2 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. Jennie-O lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 5 oz. your choice of cheese (goat cheese or sharp cheddar are both great options)
- 6 extra large eggs
- ⅔ c. milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 8" whole grain tortillas (I used Tumaro's low-carb wraps)
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt - optional
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Make sure to bring tortillas to room temperature before using them. Cold tortillas easily tear when folded and rolled, resulting in burritos with cracks.