Some people think that egg salad is the most boring sandwich filling there is. But the truth, spicing things up makes all the difference! Because egg salad is pretty much a blank canvas on itself, you can liven it up using flavors that complement its creamy texture and simple deliciousness.
Deviled Avocado Egg Salad (Paleo Running Momma)
Paleo Running Momma has a great recipe called Deviled Avocado Egg Salad. If you love deviled eggs, you'll certainly love this recipe! This is a dairy free dish that uses avocado instead of cream. The egg salad base is made even more flavorful with lime, chives, and paprika.
"Savory, healthy and simple egg salad with no mayo that’s Paleo and Whole30 friendly! This Deviled Avocado Egg Salad is smoky, creamy, and perfect for easy lunches, picnics, barbecue season. Dairy free, soy free, clean eating egg salad perfection!"
- 5 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1 med-large ripe avocado
- 4 slices nitrate free sugar free bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh chives or thinly sliced green onion
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice or lime if you prefer plus an extra squeeze before serving
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- generous dash smoked paprika
- veggies to serve with
Ginger Egg Salad (Natalie's Happy Health)
This Ginger Egg Salad from Natalie's Happy Health is a great egg salad recipe for foodies who are not big fans of mayonnaise. This recipe uses olive oil and Greek yogurt to make the egg salad smooth and silky, while the lemon wakes up the flavors and makes it a perfect dip for vegetables and healthy chips.
"Creamy Ginger Egg Salad popping with spicy FRESH ginger flavor. This salad is loaded with HEALTHY stuff – heart healthy fats and proteins, extremely light and very nutritious. It’s perfect in a sandwich or as party food served with veggies or chips. No mayo—just delicious!"
- 4 hard boiled eggs cooled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- Lemon juice to taste
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
No Mayo Avocado Salad (Life Made Sweeter)
Life Made Sweeter has a recipe called No Mayo Avocado Salad. And as the title suggests, this recipe owes its creamy texture to avocado instead of store-bought dressing. The creaminess of avocado is blended with the gentle tartness of Greek Yogurt, spiciness of Dijon mustard and fresh herb flavor of dill.
"No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad is a healthier twist on the classic favorite and the perfect way to use up your hard boiled eggs. Best of all, it’s super creamy and mayo free."
- 8 hard boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 2 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Want to know if an avocado is ripe even before cutting it open? Remove the small stem at the top of the fruit. If it peels away easily revealing green meat inside, it's ripe and ready to eat.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.