Potato pancakes also pack in flavor! With numerous yummy recipes for potato pancakes, one can easily find a variety that the whole family would adore.
Classic Potato Pancakes (Cooktoria)
"So simple, yet unbelievably tasty, these Classic Potato Pancakes are not to be missed! This easy Latke recipe is a staple at my family!"
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- salt, pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes (Just a Taste)
"Transform spare spuds into this quick and easy recipe for Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes!"
- 3 cups chilled leftover mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- Sour cream, for serving
Ham and Cheese Potato Pancakes (Buns in my Oven)
"My whole family loves mashed potato pancakes and this potato pancake recipe is packed with ham and cheese, making it a filling side dish or appetizer!"
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups flour more as needed
- 1 cup grated Grand Cru cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1/2 sweet onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Want crispy potato pancakes? Use yukon or russet potatoes.