For vegans, vegetarians, or even foodies who are simply trying to minimize meat consumption, soy products are a great source of protein and a yummy addition to any meal.
Tofu breakfast is a great way to start your day right! Combined with healthy grains and fiber-rich vegetables, tofu breakfast dishes will surely pump up your mood get you ready for the day ahead.
Tofu Breakfast Toasties (The Glowing Fridge)
This Tofu Breakfast Toasties from The Glowing Fridge is a great breakfast number that the whole family will love. Organic extra-firm tofu is made flavorful with garlic, turmeric, pepper flakes, and parsley. Chunky vegetables like broccoli, red bell peppers, and mushrooms loads up this dish with nutritional value.
"Tofu scramble served on toast. Comforting, healthy and delicious."Ingredients:
- 1 container organic extra-firm tofu
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color, I used red)
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head of broccoli)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional; for a cheesy taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional; for a spicy flavor)
- 1 tablespoon raw, unrefined coconut oil
Easy Tofu Breakfast Tacos (The Almond Eater)
The Almond Eater has a great recipe called Easy Tofu Breakfast Tacos. This dish uses tofu like a blank canvas - flavored with turmeric, onion and garlic and combined with a melange of textures and tastes of healthy produce, all enveloped in soft taco shells. Lime and cilantro add a distinct freshness, so don't skip it!
"These Tofu Breakfast Tacos are just as easy as they are tasty! An 8-ingredient breakfast that’s packed with protein and ready in 30 minutes or less."
- 1 block firm tofu (12 oz.)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Optional: ¼ tsp taco seasoning
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lime juice and cilantro to taste
- 4 soft taco shells
Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Bowl (I Love Vegan)
If you're a fan of big breakfast bowls, you'll certainly love this Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Bowl from I Love Vegan. Scrambled tofu is made by mixing the crumled soy product with garlic, turmeric, onion, and black salt. The flavors of the scrambled tofu mingles well with the fresh vegetables and couscous. Yum!
"A hearty breakfast bowl of savoury scrambled tofu, garlicky mushrooms and kale on a bed of whole wheat couscous. Add your favourite toppings for a fresh and nutritious breakfast!"
- 1-2 cups cooked whole wheat couscous (cook with vegetable broth for more flavour)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup quartered Cremini and white button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 block extra-firm or firm tofu, pressed & crumbled into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fine grind kala namak salt (black salt - can sub for sea salt)
- 1/8 tsp/pinch of turmeric
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Want to add tofu goodness into your breakfast? Dice tofu into small pieces, season, and bake in low temperature. This will result in chewy pieces of tofu that you could use as topping for eggs, burritos, or savory oats.