Got barbecue leftovers? No problem! There are lots of sumptuous recipes that can take the smokey flavors of your leftover barbecue to the next level. Not to mention, these recipes also make for quick but divine weeknight dinners.
BBQ Spaghetti Casserole (Spicy Southern Kitchen)
This BBQ Spaghetti Casserole from Spicy Southern Kitchen is a great recipe to make if you want a unique twist on your regular spaghetti. It's basically spaghetti made flavorful with pulled pork, tomato sauce and barbecue sauce, topped with cheese and baked to perfection. Yum!
"BBQ Spaghetti Casserole with bbq pork, bbq sauce, green onions, and cheese is like the spaghetti version of BBQ Chicken Pizza."
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked until al dente
- 1 pound bbq pulled pork
- 2/3 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- additional bbq sauce for serving
BBQ Pork with Cheesy Grits (Kevin is Cooking)
Corn lovers will definitely love this recipe from Kevin is Cooking called BBQ Pork with Cheesy Grits. Ground grits is cooked with butter, cheddar cheese and a little cayenne pepper, then topped with a serving of meat from leftover barbecue ribs made even more flavorful with barbecue sauce.
"Leftover pork ribs get shredded and simmered in your favorite BBQ sauce and top creamy, cheesy grits for a Southern inspired dinner that's sure to satisfy."
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup stone ground yellow grits
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups rib meat from leftover pork ribs
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Tacos (Well Plated)
Need a quick and healthy dinner the whole family will love? Make this Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Tacos recipe from Well Plated. Soft taco shells are filled with leftover pulled pork and topped with a heaping serving of glorious Asian peanut slaw. The post also includes a recipe for Hoisin pork if you don't have BBQ leftovers in your fridge.
"Melt-in-your-mouth Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Tacos. EASY, delicious pork tenderloin tacos that are perfect for a crowd and great leftover too!"
FOR THE HOISIN PORK:
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 14 ounces hoisin sauce
- Old El Paso Flour Tortillas or Corn Tortillas, for serving
FOR THE ASIAN PEANUT SLAW:
- 1 (12-ounce) bag broccoli slaw
- 1 cup dry roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Want to retain the juiciness of leftover pulled pork? Put in a little apple juice or barbecue sauce with the meat just before you heat it in the microwave.