Love potatoes? You're certainly not alone! Potato is a well-loved root crop all around the world and almost every community has their own special way of turning a spud into a delectable dish.
Fully Loaded Potato Salad (Family Fresh Meals)
This Fully Loaded Potato Salad recipe from Family Fresh Meals is a lovely dish! What makes this extra savory and flavorful are the bacon and cheddar. Yum!
"This recipe takes my basic Best Potato Salad and gives it everything it needs to be a main dish all on its own. First you pump up the dressing with some sour cream and cheddar cheese, and then you top the whole salad with crisp bacon and sliced green onions."
- 6 medium white potatoes or Yukon golds, about 2.5 lbs pounds, quartered
- 1/3 lb of bacon, chopped and fried crispy
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup onions finely diced
- 5 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika and something green for garnish
Easy All-American Potato Salad Recipe (Jessica Gavin)
Jessica Gavin has a delicious recipe called Easy All-American Potato Salad. The secret of this dish lies in its dressing. The pickle relish adds a layer of lovely tangy sweetness.
"A creamy All-American potato salad perfect for summer barbecues and picnics. Tender russet potatoes and traditional ingredients for a tasty side dish."Ingredients:
- 2 pounds russet potatoes , peeled and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt , for cooking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup celery , 1/8-inch dice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons red onions , 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 hard boiled eggs , diced into 1/4"cubes
Easy Creamy Potato Salad (Kitchen Sanctuary)
Try this Easy Creamy Potato Salad recipe from Kitchen Sanctuary once and you'll definitely keep it in your recipe tin. This is a classic, no-fuss recipe that's simple, uncomplicated and yummy.
"Easy Creamy Potato Salad – My dad’s recipe that I’ve been eating (and making) for over 30 years! Perfect to go with any party table alongside all other the other delicious appetizers!"
- 5 medium-sized potatoes I like red-skinned potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- ½ small brown onion peeled and chopped very finely
- 6 tbsp full-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp full-fat salad cream**
- ¼ tsp white pepper this is a must – it can’t be replaced with black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives optional
- Pinch of black pepper optional
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Not all potatoes are created equal. For salads, it's best to use waxy varieties like Yellow Finn, Yukon Gold, and red potatoes.