If you're a noodle lover but you're trying to stay away from too much carbohydrates, zucchini noodles are the way to go! Zucchinis are a good source of Vitamin C and antioxidants that keep inflammations at bay.
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto (Two Peas & Their Pod)
This Zucchini Noodles with Pesto recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod is a perfect weekday dinner to make if you haven't been getting enough servings of vegetables over the past few days. This is fairly easy to make - basic pesto, zucchini noodles, and some cherry tomatoes for fresh bites of juicy sweetness.
"Turn abundant zucchini into noodles for a fun summer meal. Zucchini Noodles with Pesto is a simple and healthy dish that the entire family will love!"
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, optional
Guilt-Free Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles Pasta Recipe (Inspired Taste)
Inspired Taste has a recipe called Guilt-Free Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles Pasta. This dish offers a clean, pesto flavor with a hint of sweetness from tomatoes. If you'd rather have a meaty noodle dish instead of a vegan one, you can add in some strips of chicken breast or chunks of tuna or salmon.
"Turn your zucchini into noodles and toss with fresh basil pesto. A fresh and healthy meal in minutes!"
- 4 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 to 4 cloves)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you like the pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, see note (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Salt, to taste
Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles (Well Plated)
If you love shrimp scampi but you can't afford to eat more carbohydrates, try this delicious Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles from Well Plated. This is a healthy, delicious treat and it's easy enough to make on a weekday! Make it extra healthier by using olive oil instead of unsalted butter.
"Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles. Easy, low-carb version of the classic shrimp pasta dish that’s flavorful, quick to make, and so delicious!"
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles (from about 4 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Be sure not to overcook zucchini noodles unless you want to end up with lifeless and wilted vegetable strips. Turn off the heat while the middle part of zucchini noodles still has a bit of crunch.