September is National Mushroom Month!
According to Organic Facts, mushrooms help prevent high cholesterol, prostate cancer, breast cancer, and diabetes. So including mushrooms in your regular menu at home is never a bad idea. If you're not quite sure on how to cook mushrooms, baking them is a good start. Here are some of the easiest and healthiest baked mushroom recipes on the internet that we've collated for you.
Make them extra healthy by doing away with oil and baking the mushrooms in silicone baking mats instead.
Eggs Baked in Portobello Mushrooms (Healthy Recipes Blogs)
"Eggs baked in portobello mushrooms make a fun weekend breakfast, a great lunch, and even a vegetarian dinner when served with a big salad. Choose large, firm portobello mushrooms, that are not too flat (or the egg will spill) nor too deep (or the egg will take forever to cook)."
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stem removed, wiped clean
- Olive oil spray
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
Miso-Roasted Mushrooms with Fresh Herbs (Floating Kitchen)
"These savory Miso-Roasted Mushrooms with Fresh Herbs are an easy side dish. But you could also serve them up as an appetizer or use them as a salad topping. Versatile + highly addicting = total WIN."
- 16 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
Spinach, Bacon & Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (My Daily Randomness)
"These mushrooms come together in a snap. The perfect appetizer for a family get-together or potluck. Mushrooms can be prepped and stuffed a few hours in advance, and refrigerated until they are ready to be popped into the oven."
- 24-28 medium white stuffer mushrooms
- 1 brick cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 small bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 bacon stripes, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese