The French and the Belgians love them and the Brits call them chips - fries is certainly one of the best loved food in many parts of the world.
This National Potato Month, we're giving you the best online recipes for potato fries and wedges: Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges from Two Peas & Their Pod, Baked Potato Wedges from Home Cooking Adventure, Baked Sweet Potato Fries from Sally's Baking Edition (Yes, yes, it's sweet potato and not potato, but it looked soooo good we just couldn't resist adding it to the list!)
Baking potato fries and wedges at home is easier with the help of a silicone baking mat. With this product, you wouldn't have to slather potatoes with oil just to keep them from sticking to the baking sheet.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges (Two Peas & Their Pod)
"Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges-these easy baked potato wedges are our favorite fries! They are crispy, cheesy, garlicky, salty, and perfect for dipping in ketchup or your favorite sauces! "
- 8 small russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
- Ketchup or other sauces, for serving, optional
Baked Potato Wedges (Home Cooking Adventure)
"Many variations can be made like adding herbs or other spices or sprinkle some cheese on top right after they are out of the oven. If you have any other suggestions I'd be pleased to have them shared here."
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green onion to garnish
Baked Sweet Potato Fries (Sally's Baking Edition)
"Learn how to make crisp sweet potato fries at home. Baked, not fried – so you can feel good about eating them!"
- Sweet potatoes - 1 per person
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch per large potato
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil (or coconut oil) per large potato
- cinnamon-sugar or salt, cayenne, curry, pumpkin pie spice, garlic - anything you please