Halloween is the time to try out new recipes for sweets and other yummy treats. Here are some of the easiest recipes for cutely-shaped Halloween cookies that are sure to impress your party guests. It's also a nice idea to wrap them up and give them away to trick-or-treaters!
To make sure that your treats retain its shape even after baking, use good quality silicone mats to line up your baking sheets. It will make it easier to take off the cookies from the pan without breaking or crumbling.
Skeleton Gingerbread Cookies (Our Best Bites)
"Who says gingerbread men are just for Christmas? It’s time to rip off the lederhosen and get ready for a Halloween edition."
- 1 batch Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon added (or more to taste)
- Royal Icing
Mummy Cookies (Dear Kitchen)
"Now, the crust is a bit on the salty side, which goes amazingly good with pumpkin puree filling, that is quite sweet. The eyes are my favourite part, they make these mummies so funny."
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1 table spoon coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (made from 1/2 small pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup tofu
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tea spoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tea spoon nutmeg
- 1/4 tea spoon ginger
- 1 table spoon flour
Halloween Shortbread Cookies (The Petite Cook)
"Super sweet and aromatic, buttery, extremely crumbly, light and airy. You can’t simply say no to these shortbread cookies. They make a great dessert for the scariest night of the year and for the upcoming holidays."
- 500gr / 17.6oz all purpose flour
- 250gr / 8.8oz extra cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 200gr / 7oz sugar ( I use confectioner sugar)
- 4 egg yolks
- zest of 1 lemon or
- zest of 1 orange or
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice