It may sound like a cliche, but it's true - breakfast is really the most important meal of the day. But sometimes (or oftentimes), there's just not enough time to have a full, sit-down breakfast. A bagel bought on the way to work or an apple from a basket on the counter top may be convenient on busy mornings, but there's no reason not to have a filling breakfast enjoyed at a leisurely pace at least once a week (hint: weekends).
This National Hot Breakfast Month, make sure to make your mornings a lot brighter by starting it with a tasty breakfast!
Here are some of the best and most scrumptious hot breakfast recipes online that will surely tickle your palate. Enjoy you morning meal and have a great day ahead!
Breakfast BLT (Tasty Kitchen)
This is a great hot breakfast to make if you're fond of sandwiches. What makes this recipe extra special compared to store-bought BLT sandwich is that it's laced with tasty flavors from olive oil, thyme and parsley. The arugula also adds a clean crunch to the sandwich.
"BLT sandwiches are the ace in my back pocket when I need to make a meal and fast. And to have my beloved go-to, quickie-dish for breakfast? Who would’ve thought? Not this girl."
- 4 whole Roma Tomatoes, Cut In Half Lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6 slices Thick-cut Bacon, Cut In Half Crosswise
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 whole English Muffins, Split And Toasted
- 1 cup Baby Arugula Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes (Once Upon A Chef)
This is the recipe for you if you love pancakes. The pancakes owe its sweetness to fresh blueberries and maple syrup. Lemon juice adds a tinge of tang and kicks up all the pancakes' wholesome flavors.
"They’re like an explosion of intense blueberry flavor. Don’t be tempted to skip the syrup; it only takes a few minutes to make and is definitely the best part!"
For the Blueberry Maple Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
For the Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins (Recipe Tin Eats)
This is a a great all-in-one muffin that will surely make your day a lot more special. Imaging biting into muffins that hold spectacular surprises inside - egg and bacon! Filling and delicious, this is a great brunch grub for any (or no) occasion.
"Eggs and muffins take around the same time to bake. So I wondered – is it possible to bake eggs IN muffins? Turns out you can. So finally, I’ve got a REAL Bacon & Egg Muffin!"
- 4 oz / 120 g bacon, chopped (I used lean bacon)
- ½ cup scallions / shallots, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or any other flavoured melting cheese)
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup milk + ½ tsp white vinegar OR ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tsp sour cream (full fat)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp melted butter (optional, for brushing)
Make baking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.