There's something about chocolate cake that makes all your worries go away. Just a bite of moist, chocolate-rich cake is enough to recharge your soul even after the most stressful day at work or school.
Most foodies who would love to dig in a slice of freshly-baked chocolate cake don't have the time to slave away in the kitchen. The sweet solution? Chocolate mug cakes that only takes five minutes to make!
Dairy-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe (Wonky Wonderful)
This Dairy-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake recipe from Wonky Wonderful is so moist and rich, it's hard to believe that it doesn't have dairy in it! The flaked coconuts adds another depth of flavor to this dessert. And the chopped walnuts make it richer and adds texture.
"Craving chocolate and need a quick dessert fix? This Egg-Free, Dairy-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe is the solution! You read that right. No eggs. No dairy. And this vegan chocolate cake is made in 5 minutes!"
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- Small Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Silk Dark Chocolate + Walnut Nutchello
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil or prefered cooking oil
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Walnut Pieces or pecans if you prefer
Molten Chocolate Mug Cake (Cleobuttera)
Cleobuttera has a recipe called Molten Chocolate Mug Cake. If you like choco lava cake, then you'll definitely adore this gooey, chocolate number! Tailor-fit these cake mugs to suit each family member's preference by adding their favorite chocolate variant to their batch.
"Takes 5 minutes from start to finish, and tastes like a cross between a molten lava cake and a chocolate soufflé! With a moist, cakey outside and a gooey, saucy inside, it’s hard to believe it’s made in the MICROWAVE!"Ingredients:
- ¼ cup (30 grams) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (12 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons (43 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) whole milk
- 1 smallish egg, (weighing around 43 grams out of the shell)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (or ½ teaspoon if using imitation vanilla flavoring)
- 1 oz (28 grams) lightly broken up chocolate of your choice (I use semi sweet or milk chocolate, but anything from chocolate truffles to Nutella are great additions)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) water
- Berries and Ice Cream (optional for serving)
Chocolate Sweet Potato Mug Cake (The Lean Green Bean)
Who would've thought that sweet potato could be a base for a rich, chocolate cake? This Chocolate Sweet Potato Mug Cake recipe from The Lean Green Bean is a treasure for those who are trying to stay away from gluten. Make this recipe vegan by substituting vegan ice cream for regular ice cream.
"This healthy Chocolate Sweet Potato Mug Cake recipe is quick, easy and the perfect way to satisfy your dessert craving!"
- 1/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- chocolate chips, optional
- ice cream for serving, optional
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
When making mug cakes, avoid using mugs that are too tall or too skinny, as these result in unevenly cooked cake.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.