It's never too early to prepare for Mother's Day. After all, it's that one day a year when everyone remembers to thank and appreciate the woman who has nurtured, cared for, and loved us unconditionally since we were in the womb. This Mother's Day, why not surprise mom with a special breakfast made especially just for her?
Berry pancakes may just be one of the yummiest treats you can make for Mom on her special day. Gourmet tasting berry pancakes may look like they came out from a chef's kitchen, but you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make them.
Double Berry Puff Pancake (Recipe Girl)
If your Mom is a berry lover, then Recipe Girl's Double Berry Puff Pancake recipe will be the best treat she'll get on Mother's Day! made with a yummy tandem of raspberries and blueberries, this breakfast treat has the right balance of tart and sweet. This will surely be a breakfast Mom wouldn't forget anytime soon.
"It’s definitely a fun summer breakfast treat if you find that you have access to some wonderful, fresh berries... Serve slices with fresh cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar. My sweets-loving hubby drizzled maple syrup on top too."
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup halved raspberries
- powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream for topping
Dairy-Free Soft And Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes (Averie Cooks)
Who says fluffy and mouthwatering pancakes always require dairy? Averie Cooks has a recipe for Dairy-Free Soft And Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes that is just rich heavenly, it's hard to believe that it doesn't have cream or milk! Made with unsweetened almond milk and coconut oil, this is a breakfast treat perfect for moms who are trying to stay away from dairy.
"The blueberries are sweet, juicy, and add such a nice touch. I never want plain pancakes again after having an abundance of blueberries in every bite of these fluffy stacks."
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 to 3 tablespoons liquid-state coconut oil (canola or vegetable oil may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (I used frozen and if using frozen, do not thaw because frozen berries run/bleed less; fresh may be used)
- maple syrup for serving, or your favorite topping (try Mixed Berry & Lemon Preserves, Vanilla Maple Syrup, or Ginger Molasses Maple Syrup)
Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes (Life Made Simple)
This Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes from Life Made Simple is the perfect breakfast treat to whip up if your Mom loves strawberries! These pancake owes its richness and yummy flavor to yogurt. Top it with whipped cream and it will be like eating strawberry shortcake for breakfast! You can also drizzle your stack with maple syrup for extra sweetness.
"You’re going fall in love with these strawberry yogurt pancakes. They’re thick, fluffy, and studded with sweet strawberries. Plus they’re packed with a little extra protein."
- 1½ c. all purpose flour*
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar (more if you like sweeter pancakes)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ c. vanilla plain or Greek yogurt
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ c. chopped fresh strawberries