Salsa is not just a condiment. It can also lend fantastic texture and flavor to light meat dishes. Cooking salsa right into the dish makes its flavors mingle longer with the meat, creating a fragrant meal.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken (Creme de la Crumb)
This Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken from Creme de la Crumb is a great chicken dinner recipe with a tropical flair. The pineapple lends a sweet, fruity tartness to the dish, while the cilantro, jalapeno and chili powder wakes up the palate (if kids are eating this dish, however, it may be smart to cut back on the spice).
"Tender, juicy chicken slow cooked in fresh pineapple and roasted tomato salsa with sweet and spicy flavors."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness (no more than 1 inch)
- 3 cups chopped pineapple (I recommend fresh but canned would work too)
- ½ medium red onion, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 medium jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (not drained)
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa (The Lemon Bowl)
Yes, it's fun to make fish tacos right at home! This Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa recipe from The Lemon Bowl is a great and easy dish to pull off for a weeknight treat. This is a delicious and healthy dinner that you can make in less than 30 minutes. The mango salsa is perfect with the fish and if you're craving for additional flavor, a drizzle of Hoisin sauce or hot sauce will do the trick.
"These fresh and flavorful fish tacos are made with broiled tilapia and topped with a sweet and spicy fresh mango salsa."
- 1 pound catfish with cajun sprinkle from Kroger's Easy for You! Seafood section or any firm white fish seasoned with 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 1-2 limes
- 1 minced jalapeno remove seeds and stem for mild salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 corn tortillas
5 Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken (Chef de Home)
This is 5 Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken recipe from Chef de Home is definitely one for the books. All it takes is to mix all the five ingredients in a crock pot, cover and cook for 5 hours, and that's it. You can serve it with taco shells, whole wheat tortilla, or your favorite grains - rice, quinoa, you name it!
"Calling all salsa lovers for Mexican chicken dinner which needs only two humble main ingredients - chicken and salsa and just 5 minutes to put together!"
- 2 lbs Chicken (thighs or breast, skinless)
- 2 Cup Salsa (chunky, medium spicy salsa)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt (to taste)
Ludy's Kitchen Healthy Tip:
Pair healthy weeknight dinners with fruit-infused water instead of sugar-loaded juices or sodas. Lemon water is good for digestion and metabolism. You can also put in cucumber slices and mint leaves for skin hydration and over-all system cleanse.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.