We asked our community about their favorite sandwiches, and Reuben Sandwich is one of the varieties that came up on top! There are varying accounts as to the possible origin of this American classic, but one thing's for sure - no foodie could resist that glorious combination of corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut and dressing grilled between slices of bread.
My Favorite Reuben Sandwich Recipe (Foodie Crush)
Foodie Crush has a great post titled My Favorite Reuben Sandwich Recipe which features a delightful sandwich that features classic Reuben ingredients - corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and rye. The dressing is made even more flavorful with horseradish, pickles and lemon juice. Yum!
"It’s a sandwich in the most classic sense of sandwiches. But it is so much more than that. It’s grilled and cheesy plus crunchy and gooey. Pass the napkins."
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 4 slices marbled rye bread
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- ½ pound cooked corned beef, warmed
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained
Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels (Home Cooking Memories)
If you're craving for Reuben sandwich but you don't got much time to prepare, this Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories is a great idea to have at hand. It's all about layering the ingredients on a flour tortilla, rolling it up, and cutting the roll into bite-size pieces. Easy and delicious!
"This Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels Recipe is perfect if you are wanting St. Patrick’s Day party food, or if you just love all the flavors in a Reuben sandwich."
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Russian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut (rinsed and very well drained)
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 12 ounces corned beef deli meat (thinly sliced)
- 8 flour tortillas (9″ diameter)
The Ultimate Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe (Crunchy Creamy Sweet)
This Ultimate Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet is such a spectacular, classic recipe any sandwich lover would go giddy over. The usual ingredients are layered and embraced by a flavorful dressing made from mayo, Japapenos and chili peppers.
"The Ultimate Spicy Reuben Sandwich – the ultimate man food. Layers of corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and spicy sandwich sauce enclosed in dark rye slices of bread. You need this in your life!"
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 Tbsp sauerkraut drained well
- 4 oz . sliced corned beef
for the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Mezzetta Deli-Siced Jalapenos diced
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp and 1/2 Mezetta Red Hot Chili Pepper Everything Spread or more to taste
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Confused on how to cook deli corned beef? There are three ways to do it - boiling, oven-braising, or slow cooking. Try these cooking process to see which one best suits the flavor you're looking for.