Chocoholics rejoice! Today, we commemorate the bitter-sweet goodness of chocolate as we celebrate National Chocolate Day. Take a look at these awesome chocolatey recipes for delicious treats you and your family will love.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Picky Plate)
"I am without a doubt a chocolate and peanut butter fanatic. When I first devoured this treat from Disneyland a few months ago, I knew I had to go home and make my own version."
- 3 cups good quality chopped milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 12 halved graham crackers
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites (Love From the Oven)
"Chocolate on the inside and chocolate on the outside. Super simple."
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Dipping chocolate
- Topping such as sprinkles or chopped up chocolate and peanut butter chips
Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Kitchen Treaty)
"These cookies are super chocolatey, super chewy, and just plain super."
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet are also good)
Make cooking time a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean up time in half.