What kind of foodie wouldn't want to sink one's teeth into a nice burger with a delicious bun, juicy patty and fresh lettuce and tomato slices, made even more flavorful with cheese, dressing and ketchup? There's certainly something satisfying with making your burger at home, adding in all the flavors and ingredients you and your family adore, and making each one your own.
Bunless Burger Recipe (Low Carb Maven)
Some health buffs try to stay away from burgers because of carbohydrates and sugary dressings. But this Bunless Burger Recipe from Low Carb Maven will definitely change your mind - no buns, baby! It's a simple and minimalist patty eaten with vegetables. Delicious and waistline-friendly!
"The secret to the best bunless burger is the seasoning. Make your own juicy steakhouse burgers at home with a few simple ingredients and a burger press."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mc Cormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced onion, nutritional info in the notes
Chinese Chicken Salad Burgers (Domesticate Me)
If you're a fan of chicken burgers, then you'll love this Chinese Chicken Salad Burgers from Domesticate Me. This burger is inspired by California Pizza Kitchen's Oriental Chicken Salad and it's bursting with lovely flavors! You can make the burgers as is, but making the salad and dressing is definitely worth it.
"These salad burgers are ridiculous. The ground chicken is mixed with plenty of fresh ginger, garlic, scallions, and a touch of Sriracha, yielding tender, juicy burgers with a subtle kick."
Ingredients (for the burgers):
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions (whites and light green parts only), minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Hawaiian Burgers (The Pioneer Woman Cooks)
Pineapple makes a good accompaniment to burgers. Its sweet tartness balances the meaty flavors of the patty, resulting in a beautiful combination of fruity and savory. This Hawaiian Burgers from The Pioneer Woman Cooks is a great burger recipe to pull off on a weekend party with your family and friends.
"This is hands-down one of the most delicious burgers I have ever, ever, ever eaten."
- 8 whole Canned Pineapple Rings
- 1 whole Large Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Cut Into Rings
- 1-1/2 pound Ground Beef
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Teriyaki Sauce, As Needed
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 whole Onion Rolls
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- Green Lettuce Leaves
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
If you want juicy burgers, mold the patties while the meat is still cold. This prevents fats from separating from the meat, resulting in juicy burgers once cooked.