November is National Pepper Month! Take the time to celebrate the flavor of your favorite peppers by making fantastic culinary masterpieces. There is no denying that peppers are well-loved in almost all kitchens worldwide - from sweet bell peppers, to hot chili peppers and peppercorns, which is the world's most traded spice.
Sweet Bell Pepper And Onion Salad (The View From Great Island)
Celebrate the colors and flavors of sweet peppers with this recipe called Sweet Bell Pepper And Onion Salad posted by The View From Great Island. This salad features crunchy rings of bell peppers and onions, flavored with herbs, olive oil and sherry vinegar. It's definitely a great accompaniment to hearty meat entrees.
"Sweet Bell Pepper and Onion Salad ~ if you love colorful bell peppers like I do, this is for you ~ it’s crunchy, colorful, healthy, and so yummy!"
- about a small to medium sweet bell pepper per serving, multi-colored
- small red onion
- chopped parsley
- chopped mint
- chopped dill
- olive oil
- sherry vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- sumac (a deep red, tangy, Middle Eastern spice)
Roasted Pepper Salad With Feta, Pine Nuts & Basil (Once Upon A Chef)
If you're a fan of roasted bell pepper, this recipe called Roasted Pepper Salad With Feta, Pine Nuts & Basil from Once Upon A Chef will tickle your palate! This hearty salad can be enjoyed warm and best paired with dishes that celebrate Middle Eastern flavors! This is a great treat on a weekend feast.
"The salad looks gorgeous on a platter, and is delicious with toasted pita bread, grilled lamb burgers or chicken kebabs."
- 4 bell peppers (any combination of red, yellow or orange), halved, seeded and cored
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces (a scant 1/2 cup) crumbled Feta
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
Zesty Mini Bell Pepper Salad Recipe (Natasha's Kitchen)
Natasha's Kitchen has a great recipe called Zesty Mini Bell Pepper Salad, which celebrates the clean flavors of bell pepper. It's basically just peppers and onions sliced thinly, dressed in vinegar, olive oil and a confetti of dill. It's simple and perfect as a side for flavorful main dishes.
"This is a simple salad with a short list of fresh ingredients. It's quick and easy to assemble and tastes great. This bell pepper salad refrigerates well and tastes great the next day. Pair it with mash pow-taters. Priyatnogo Appetita (Bon Apetit)!"
- 1 lb sweet multi-colored mini bell pepper
- ½ of a medium sweet onion or purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- 2½ Tbsp white vinegar or Fresh lemon juice (I preferred the vinegar)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic salt, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
There are various ways to roast bell peppers for salad: oven roasting, grilling, or stove-top roasting. Choose which ever is the most convenient for you.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.