October is National Cookie Month! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we're giving you the best cookie recipes online. Today's blog is all about the simplest but yummiest sugar cookie recipes. They're so delicious, you wouldn't need to put frosting or topping on them (though it's always up to you, how you would best enjoy your cookies).
If you're a cookie monster who loves to bake your own batch, investing in a silicone baking mat is always a great idea. With the help of this innovative tool, your homemade cookies would be evenly baked without burnt edges!
Paleo "Sugar" Cookies (The Healthy GF Life)
"After a few attempts, we were oh-so-happy with the results! The final recipe created a cookie that was so versatile, I could make a simple drop cookie out of it, or roll it into a log and slice the cookies if we were lazy that year, but best of all, we could roll it out and use our beloved cookie cutters!!"
- 1 C Almond flour
- ¼ C Coconut flour
- 2 TBSP Arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg (*for an egg free option, you can use 1 TBSP flax meal mixed with 3 TBSP hot water)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- 1/3 C pure maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
Best Sugar Cookie Recipe (In Katrina's Kitchen)
"This is the BEST sugar cookie recipe- no chilling the dough, cookies keep their shape when baked, soft and flavorful, perfect for decorating."
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe (A Spicy Perspective)
"Hands down, The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe, we’ve ever tested! Learn How to Make Sugar Cookies that everyone will love. These little guys are light, pillowy, and packed with flavor."
- 3 cups all purpose flour, measured then sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar + extra for rolling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract