Slow cooker chicken is one of the most comforting dishes that could welcome you and your family home after a tiring and stressful day at work and school. There are great slow cooker chicken recipes that are healthy, delicious and doesn't require a lot of elbow grease in the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chinese Curry Chicken (Jeanette's Healthy Living)
This Slow Cooker Chinese Curry Chicken recipe from Jeanette's Healthy Living is a superb recipe to try out if you're looking for a tasty dish that's a bit different from your usual chicken dinner. This dish owes its flavor from garlic, ginger, curry powder, oyster sauce, sherry and scallions. Carrots and potatoes make this a complete meal in itself!
"This Slow Cooker Chinese Curry Chicken is pure comfort food. Cooked in a slow cooker, the meat falls right off the bone."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 piece ginger the size of a quarter, smashed
- 3 pounds chicken on the bone cut up (I used thighs and drumsticks)
- 5 carrots peeled, cut into 2" chunks
- 4 medium red potatoes halved or cut into thirds depending on size
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or sherry
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 2 scallions chopped
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas (Cooking Classy)
Cooking Classy has a great recipe called Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas which is a healthy and quick Mexican dinner you can make right in your own kitchen. This fajita recipe features an astounding spice combination of cumin, paprika, chili powder and ground coriander. The squeeze of lime wakes up all the flavors and give the fajitas a hint of freshness.
"This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas recipe is the simplified lazy version of fajitas. Still all the delicious flavors without as much hassle! Plus it’s great for busy days so you can come home to dinner already ready!"
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 red , orange and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow onion , halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- For serving:
- Flour tortillas , sour cream, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, monterrey jack or cheddar cheese
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken (The Recipe Critic)
Who knew cashew and chicken could go so well? This Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken from The Recipe Critic is a great recipe to make if you're craving for something sweet, spicy and a bit nutty. This dish goes very well with a serving of steamed rice or a bowl of stir-fried noodles.
"An amazing slow cooker meal that is way better than takeout! The chicken is breaded to perfection and the sauce is full of flavor! The cashews hidden throughout are the best part!"Ingredients:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
If you're trying to lose weight, take off the skin before putting the chicken in the crock pot. This will help trim off the fat and lessen the oil in the dish.