A lot of physical symptoms that most people experience are related to stress. Low energy, headaches, insomnia, muscle aches, and insomnia are just a few symptoms that could be remedied by relieving stress. Luckily, there are nutritional foods that can help you relieve stress and give your body the help it needs.
Radish & Leek green salad (My Food & Happiness)
Salad greens are not only rich in fiber, but are also loaded with folate. Folate helps the body release serotonin and dopamine, which are mood-regulating neurotransmitters. This Radish & Leek green salad recipe from My Food & Happiness is a great and super easy dish to make even on a week night.
"Fresh, spring green salad perfect on the side of every meal! This colourful Radish & Leek salad goes very well with some lemon juice dressing or balsamic vinegar."
- 100 g salad greens
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 leek
- 45g radishes (4 - 5)
- salt to taste
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- juice from 1/2 lemon and/or 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
Healthy Spinach Turkey Wrap (Living Well Mom)
Another superfood that can help your body relieve stress is turkey breast. Turkey is rich if tryptophan that is converted by the body to serotonin. Living Well Mom has a recipe called Healthy Spinach Turkey Wrap. This a good quick lunch to have on a stressful day. It's also rich in protein to help your body hold up amid all the daily tasks.
"This Healthy Spinach Turkey Wrap recipe will only take you a minute or two to put together and is loaded with wholesome ingredients you’ll feel good about eating."
- 1 wrap (use gluten-free if necessary)
- approx. 1 Tbsp mayo
- approx ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp hummus (I use regular original)
- Baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 slices McKenzie Natural Artisan Deli Maple Honey Turkey
Pistachio, Salted Caramel, and Oreo Dark Chocolate Bark (Averie Cooks)
What can help you relieve stress better than chocolate? Chocolate wth pistachios! According to a study, eating this green nut lowers vascular constriction during stress. Try to whip up this Pistachio, Salted Caramel, and Oreo Dark Chocolate Bark recipe from Averie Cooks and your stress will surely melt away!
"Bark is fast, easy, foolproof, and you can add whatever odds and ends are lurking in your pantry and this bark is a texture lover’s dream."
- 16 ounces dark chocolate (1 pound; I used TJ’s Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Bar)
- about 20 small caramel squares, unwrapped and diced small (if you can find salted caramels I recommend them, but regular may be used)
- 6 to 8 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- about 3/4 cup shelled, lightly salted pistachios (unsalted may be substituted)
- generous pinch of sea salt for sprinkling, optional and to taste
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
Some commercial pistachios are at high risk of being contaminated with a carcinogenic mold called aflatoxin. Try to get your hands at some organic pistachios as much as possible to avoid any health risks.