Let your kids help in preparing your Thanksgiving feast! These recipes are so easy and fun to do, your little ones will surely love making them! Turn dessert making into family bonding time - another precious moment to be grateful for this year!
Easy Pumpkin Pasties (Mom on Time Out)
"Delightfully easy Pumpkin Patties are the perfect no-bake treat to celebrate the season with. The cute factor here is off the charts!"
- ¼ cup Challenge butter, softened
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 - 2 tsp your choice of extract or candy flavoring - I used orange
- food coloring - preferably gel or paste
- ½ cup granulated sugar (to roll balls in)
- 18 pretzels, broken in half for stems
- 10 green candies - Starburst, Laffy Taffy, etc.
Turkey Cookies (The Mandatory Mooch)
"These little cookies will be a hit at your Thanksgiving feast. They are almost too cute to eat. My kids love to help me and create a family tradition that everyone looks forward to. Enjoy!"
- 1 package chocolate almond bark (or any other chocolate that you prefer)
- Oreo cookies
- candy corn
- small tube of green decorating gel (we used Betty Crocker)
- small tube of yellow decorating gel
- orange Starbursts
Pilgrim Hat Cookies (Frugal Coupon Living)
"Looking for a Fun DIY (Do It Yourself) activity for the kids this fall, just in time perhaps for Thanksgiving."
- 12 Oreo Fudge Cremes
- 12 Rolos
- 2 Yellow Starburst
- 1/4 cup Orange Melting Chips