The Holiday season is upon us once again! For cheese lovers who are looking for appetizer ideas, here are some of the yummiest, cheesiest and most delectable appetizers you can prepare this season.
Dried Apricot & Blue Cheese Canapes with Walnuts (Tidy Mom)
"I love that this is an appetizer recipe that you can make a few hours early (or the day before) in just a few quick minutes. Then set out the Dried Apricot and Blue Cheese Canapes with Walnuts before the guests arrive to get to room temperature and drizzle with the honey."
- 20 dried apricots
- 2-3 ounces of spreadable blue cheese
- 20 walnut halves (or pieces)
- fresh rosemary
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey
Cheddar and Chive Pumpkin Cheese Ball (Jam Hands)
"I have the most adorable cheese ball to share. It is pumpkin shaped, but there is no actual pumpkin in it. It is a delicious mixture of cream cheese, chives and cheese. What makes this appetizer over the top is the garnish of pie crust leaves, pretzel rod stem, and cheddar cheese ribs to define the pumpkin."
- 16 oz. cream cheese (2 8 oz. pkgs)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar (or cheddar/jack blend)
- 1 pkg. crackers
- square cheddar slices for pumpkin ribs
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- egg wash: 3 eggs + 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 pretzel rod for pumpkin stem
Cheesy Crescent Roll Leaves (Hungry Happenings)
"Add a basket of beautifully colorful Cheesy Crescent Roll Leaves to your Thanksgiving dinner table. These pretty fall leaves are simple to make but will surely wow your party guests."
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheets
- flour, to dust cutting board
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese (or use a variety of colored cheeses)
- green toppings - Italian seasoning, parsley, or Parmesan dipping seasing
Want to make Thanksgiving cooking a lot easier? Invest in good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean up time in half.