The key to a sweet dinner date with your loved one at home is two make something delicious that does not require much attention and preparation time. One-pan dinners are perfect for this - season everything, pop in the oven, turn on the timer and you're done.
One Pan Turkey Roast Dinner For Two (Garlic Matters)
Garlic Matters has a recipe called One Pan Turkey Roast Dinner For Two that's a great thing to whip up if you're a couple who likes to eat clean. This one-pan dinner includes turkey breast, potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots or parsnips. This is a healthy and decadent dinner for two!
"This is a great example of a small, but clever effort returning a fantastic result, which you’ll be proud to share with your loved ones on that special day. Yes! I’m saying you don’t have to slave all day in the kitchen to serve a traditional, tasty roast!"
- Circa 2.0 - 2.5 lb turkey breast on bone
- 1 pound potatoes, cut to bite size pieces
- ½ brussels sprouts, trimmed
- ½ carrots or parsnips, cut to bite size pieces
- A generous splash of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (and more to scatter on your veggies if you like)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, skins on
- Salt & pepper
Healthy One Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner For Two (Life Made Sweeter)
This Healthy One Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner For Two recipe version from Life Made Sweeter is a gem. The turkey is seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil and Italian seasoning, and is complemented by hearty vegetables and root crops including sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans and the works. Cranberries add a nice twist and a burst of color!
"Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner For Two – an easy and healthy one pan Thanksgiving meal for two (or four). Best of all, everything cooks up in under an hour. Includes a juicy turkey, potatoes, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cranberries."
- 2 fresh turkey thighs, legs or medium turkey breasts (about 2 lbs**) (add 2 more for four people)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper, divided, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots (about 1/2" thick)
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
One Pan Pork Chops With Apples And Onions (The Chunky Chef)
The Chunky Chef has a great recipe for pork lovers called One Pan Pork Chops With Apples And Onions. This dish is a great combination of sweet and salty, savory and fruity. Pork chops are made flavorful by Dijon mustard, sage, rosemary, thyme and onions. Cooking it in a bed of apples makes it mildly sweet and amazingly heavenly!
"These pork chops have everything you love about a comforting Fall dish… mouthwatering, well balanced flavors, is healthy yet hearty, and is made in just ONE pan in 30 minutes!"
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 3-4 oz bone-in pork chops whatever with comfortably fit in your pan
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or whole-grain Dijon
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium apples thinly sliced (I used Gala)
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
Ludy's Kitchen Cooking Tip:
As much as possible, bake one-pan dinners on moderately low heat for a long time. Slow cooking would give the ingredients more time to blend well together resulting in a scrumptious dish.
Make cooking a lot easier and more enjoyable by using good quality silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean-up time in half.