Thanksgiving is a time for feasting. And the day after the big feast, most of us have to deal with huge containers of leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and what-not in your fridge. Here are easy recipes that will help you create new delicious dishes from your Holiday dinner. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving Hand Pies (The Hungry Housewife)
"Needless to say, there are usually a lot of leftovers of practically everything. So the age-old question always comes up: what to do with Thanksgiving Leftovers? I say put them all together in a cute little hand pie."
- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crusts (2 9" pie crusts)
- ⅓ cup Mashed Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon tablespoon Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- ⅓ cup cooked Turkey, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooked Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Salad Sandwich (Nature Box)
"Got some leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Of course you do! Put a fresh spin on the classic sandwich by making turkey salad."
- 3 cups chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 baguette, cut it into 3-4 equal pieces, toasted, for serving
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cleo Coyle’s Baby Berry Pastries (Cleo Coyle Recipes)
"The bright red color of the filling combined with my homemade glaze makes them a sweet addition for holiday trays. Leave off the glaze and you have an attractive appetizer."
- 1 package of Crescent Rolls (8-count, regular or reduced fat)
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese (regular or reduced fat)
- ½ cup cranberry sauce or raspberry jam