With Halloween just around the corner, many foodies are looking for fun and delicious treats to serve family and friends on the spookiest night of the year! Here are some of the best recipes online that are a joy to make with the whole family. Let the Halloween festivities begin right in your own kitchen!
Halloween festivities don't need to be all sugar and empty calories. You can also serve fruity treats on your party table without boring the guests. Here are some exciting healthy Halloween treat recipes that are so easy to make!
Halloween Fruit Treats (Kitchen Simmer)
"I know my kids will still love a candy bar from time to time.. but it's nice that the fruit treats were so enthusiastically enjoyed by them too. I hope you like what the kids cooked up this time!"
Ingredients for Orange Pumpkins:
- Seedless clementine or mandarin oranges
- Celery and with celery leaves
- *optional (regular and mini chocolate chips to make jack-o-lantern face)
Ingredients for Apple and Peanut Butter Teeth:
- Apples sliced
- Note: soak cut apples in a bowl of water and 1 tsp of salt solution to keep from browning
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
Ingredients for Banana Ghosts:
- Yellow banana (firm)
- Mini chocolate chips for eyes
- Regular chocolate chips for mouth
Looking for the perfect easy-to-make Halloween treat? Grab a bag of marshmallows and let your imagination run wild! Here are some awesome ideas to get your mallow-fun Halloween started.
Zombie Marshmallows (The Decorated Cookie)
"First we had marshmallow ghosts. Then we had marshmallow skeletons. And now…. MARSHMALLOW ZOMBIES! Marshmallows sure are perfect for Halloween, aren’t they?"
- lollipop sticks
- large confetti sprinkles
- black and red food coloring pens
- light corn syrup
S'more Ghost Marshmallows (Blondie and Brownies)
"Now that Halloween is right around the corner, these guys are the perfect treat to make with your kids and send to their school parties. They’re completely edible, so you won’t have to pick up skewers (or worry about the kids poking each other with them!)."
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Graham Cracker crumbs – plain, or mixed with melted butter and sugar (as you would for a pie crust)
- Pretzel sticks
Halloween Marshmallow Pops (Sarah Bakes Gluten Free)
"I couldn’t help myself and came up with one more quick and easy treat…Halloween marshmallow pops! The kids will love helping with these. Who knew you could dip marshmallows in melted frosting? Oh yes, it’s good. Perfect to take to a Halloween party or wrap up to pass out to friends!"
- 18 Snyder’s Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
- 18 Large marshmallows
- Cake Mate Orange Easy Squeeze Frosting
- Cake Mate Halloween Decors
You may not automatically think of parfaits when talking about Halloween Treats, but it makes perfect sense - you can make parfaits ahead of time, adding ornaments and toppings on the last minute. And because they're already portioned, you don't need to worry about the mess. Here are some great Halloween parfait recipes for the whole party to enjoy!
Pumpkin Dirt Pudding (Neighbor Food)
"As cute as these little guys are, the best part about them is the taste. Pumpkin and Oreos are a surprisingly delightful combination. Except reaaaaally, it’s not surprising at all. Pumpkin spiced pudding and chocolatey cookies? This stuff was bound to be good."
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (1¾ cup)
- 1 (5 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ an 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 package oreos, crushed
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 Milano cookies
- Handful chocolate chips
Candy Corn Fruit Parfait (Skinny Taste)
"If you prefer to use whipped topping, go for it or if you want to have this for breakfast I say just top it with vanilla yogurt. But for dessert – I wouldn’t change a thing! Hope you try this, you will LOVE it!"
Ingredients for the Lighter Whipped Topping (makes 1 1/2 cups):
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
Ingredients for parfaits:
- 2 2/3 cups diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 2 2/3 cups jarred mandarin oranges, drained
Halloween Cheesecake Parfait (The Food Charlatan)
"If you are throwing a Halloween party this year, these easy Cheesecake Parfaits are a great make-ahead treat!"
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- black or purple gel food coloring*
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- ghost peeps
- candy pumpkins
- graham crackers
- white or black frosting
Making Halloween treats can be hassle-free with the help of silicone baking mats. Not only are silicone mats sturdy and durable. Because they're non-stick, you can also cut your clean up time in half.